How to use the Sigmaprobe circuit tester to diagnose the circuit problems
The wire is disconnected or the connector is loose. The fuse is burnt out or the circuit breaker is tripped. Internal open circuit of components such as switch, bulb, etc. The resistance is extremely high and often shows the same symptoms as an open circuit. How to use the Sigmaprobe circuit tester to diagnose the circuit problems?
The circuit problems
1. The open circuit caused by wire disconnection is often caused by accidental damage or vibration: the open circuit caused by damage is generally easy to be observed; the open circuit caused by vibration is often not easy to find because the insulation layer of wire is still intact. It can only be checked with a professional circuit testing apparatus (Sigmaprobe circuit tester), and this kind of open circuit is likely to be intermittent. Loose joints can also cause vibration or improper assembly.
2. Both the fuse burnout and the circuit breaker tripping are shown as open circuits: this kind of open circuit is caused by the overload of the circuit. At this time, in order to protect the circuit and components, the safety device will actively cut off the circuit. The quality of the insurance can be determined by observing whether it is burnt out or not. This kind of open circuit is often the symptom of a short circuit or overload in the circuit.
3. Normal wear of some components can cause internal open circuit (burn out) of components (such as bulb): normal wear also occurs on other components after long-term use, such as switch and motor. However, if such parts are worn out in a relatively short period of time, you should look for the causes of premature damage to these parts. High resistance is like an open circuit because high resistance prevents current from flowing through the circuit. The corrosion of terminals and ground connections often causes high resistance.
How use the sigmaprobe circuit tester to solve the problems?
1. Observation method.
If the starter can't start, turn on the headlight first and observe its brightness to know whether poor contact of the power code or battery loss caused the fault. Some faults of the ignition system and charging system can also be found by observing the indication of the voltmeter.
2. Listening method.
When the engine exhaust pipe has a "sudden" sound, it is generally too late to ignite, and when it has a "quack" sound, it is generally too early to ignite the engine.
3. Touch method.
Touching the electrical equipment can know the fault according to its temperature. If the motor is overheated, it can be generally known that the coil is short circuited. It should be preventing and maintained ASAP.
4. Smell method.
When the electrical equipment suddenly breaks during the work, first of all, you can smell the burning smell of the related electrical wire, and know whether it causes the fault by overload or a short circuit.
5. Test lamp method.
Knowing whether the line is normal or not, the lamp test method can be used. such as judge whether the silicon rectifier generator is generating electricity or not, you can remove the wire connected with the battery, connect the test lamp, and ground the other side of the test lamp. If the lamp is on, it means generating electricity. If the lamp is off, it means not generating electricity. You can also use this method to know whether the circuit is open.
6. Apparatus testing.
You can test it with a multimeter, electrical test bench, and special fault testing instrument. In addition, there is an auto testing system for each part of the electronic control vehicle. According to the instructions of different vehicles, the fault code can be extracted to find out the fault location.
7. Short circuit method.
Use wire to connect the previous section of electrical appliances directly with the power supply. If the electrical appliances work, it means that the electrical appliances are normal. If there is a problem with the circuit and it doesn't work, connect the next level of electrical equipment with the power supply, and so on, until you find the fault.
8. In-between cut-off method.
The inspection can start from the in-between of the circuit. such as checking non charge fault, first, you can start from the regulator. If the regulator is charged, it means that the regulator is faulty. If it’s not charge, you can check both sides separately.
9. Circuit breaking method.
Regarding the ignition circuit, we can first test whether the fault is in the high voltage circuit or the low voltage circuit. For the circuit with relays such as starting and lighting, it should be tested whether the fault is in the control circuit or in the main circuit. For example, the steering circuit can test whether the fault is in the common circuit or in the branch circuit, which can make the search target more concentrated.
10. The final method.
To the high-voltage circuit, observe the spark condition, know the working condition of the ignition system. The specific method is: remove the high voltage wire of the ignition coil or spark plug and align it.
Sigmaprobe circuit tester functions
For more and more electronic devices in modern vehicles, the automobile circuit failures require more professional smart comprehensive circuit tester, which has the advantages of time-saving, labor-saving, and accurate testing, Sigmaprobe circuit tester, an efficient tester of vehicle circuit problems; with the following eight functions.
1. Smart Test: Judge the VDC/OHM/AMP test intelligently
2. Multimeter Mode: VDC/OHM/DIO/AMP/HZ mode test
3. Oscilloscope Mode: 50KHz，800KSa/s
4. Relay Test: Quickly test the relay status
5. Injector Test: 4 pulse signal choices for testing the injector status
6. Positive / Negative Test: Automatically judge the positive/negative poles and display them on the screen
7. Component Activation: Generate activation signal to the tested part
8. 0-5V Power Supply: Supports 0-5V voltage power supply, simulate the voltage output by the sensor to the ECU.
It is specially used for the smart testing of vehicle circuits. With a set of Sigmaprobe circuit tester, it can test all the circuits, electrical components, and electronic control system of the vehicle, and then confirm its technical status.